2/26/09

Connecting Across the Globe



Unbelievable! I just stopped by my website before going to bed and saw the "Who is Here" map LIT UP. There were people from all over the globe, from India to Singapore, Australia, Russia, US and Japan logged on, all at the same time. I wanted to reach across the screen and shout Namasté!, Hello!, Konnichiwa!, Privet!, G'Day!

I was so inspired, I quickly put together this little video. The video is a screen capture from the site, no tricks.

Yes, this is exactly what the Internet and global media are, and I am still in awe of it. My website, which has been up for just days and is only partly built, is already connecting people all across the world.

Next step - let us talk to each other. (I've been looking for a plugin. Any recommendations?)

2 comments:

  1. I forgot France (from Roubaix) - Bonjour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Germany just joined too, from Berlin - Tag!

    ReplyDelete

Who Else is Here