2/20/09

Snow, beach and palm trees - gotta love LA!


Driving to work today, I look in the rear view mirror and see a beautiful blue sky above the ocean. Ahead of me, through the palm trees lining both sides of the street, are snow-covered mountains under a fresh blanket of snow. What a great diversity.

There was a huge storm this weekend, and while I was biking by the beach in my t-shirt, just one hour north the freeways were being closed due to snow. This reminds me of a time last winter, when I went skiing for the day with my friends. We spent a beautiful day in the snow, then came down the mountain and watched the sunset on the beach, with our toes in the sand. Going sailing the next day just sealed the deal for me. Gotta love LA!

1 comment:

  1. yep, i know the feeling! we live just north of LA near the beach and the mtns this winter have had so much snow! it's wonderful to be riding along the ocean and see the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Who Else is Here